Bursting Balloons !

Bursting Balloons !
click on image for more

Friday, January 15, 2010

Something I read recently on a forum :
Q: How do you make a small fortune in  photography ?
A: Start with a large fortune !
I think that describes it for many of us :)

  

Photography doesn't always have to be serious . Occasionally I play around with ideas and they don't necessarily have to be technically 'good' images to get a good reaction from people which is what you eventually come to learn about people photography . People don't care so much about the quality of the image , whether there is noise or not - they don't ask what iso you used - as long as there is some emotion or a unique occasion captured .

At a rally event we were set up a few hours before the event started because we were 'locked in' to the area . An hour before the event started I put the camera on a tripod and took pictures of myself in various poses on the road . When the cars started coming around the corner I took more pictures of the cars from the same tripod setup .
Later I blended some of the pictures together for some interesting results :


Chimping is dangerous !




Keen spectator !

This one earned me a few insults from people who saw the image later and never knew it was doctored ! :D



At a park one day a mate and I were snapping pictures in bad weather when he told me my outfit warranted a 'specially posed ' picture with my pants rolled up . I posted this on one forum and asked " is this picture 'over-exposed' or is there too much 'flash' ? "



This was done years ago with film . I spent 4 hours making that hand out of flesh coloured plastercine and finally set up one photo [ I couldn't afford much more back then :) ] .
The interesting thing is that after all that hard work a few people have mentioned " The look on that dogs face is priceless " "

 



No comments:

Post a Comment